Australia’s Hottest Properties – Investing in South East Queensland
Over the past few years, South East Queensland has become a property investment hotspot for those looking to build wealth.
With Sydney and Melbourne experiencing extreme growth, investors have turned to Brisbane for affordable and promising properties. First home buyers are also showing a keen interest in this growth corridor and are capitalising on affordable property by following the market.
Housing trends around Brisbane confirm this behaviour. There has been a growth of 3% in the past year and strong predictions of annual 3% growth over the next 5 years. This indicates a positive return for the long-term investor.
Whilst not as robust as figures in Melbourne and Sydney, lifestyle choices, a divestment of industry and an increase in research at top universities will see Queensland and the greater Brisbane area evolve as the centre of jobs growth.
Best Locations to Invest in SE Queensland
It’s crucial that you know exactly what you want to get from your purchase prior to looking at different suburbs. Are you after capital growth over a period of time, a passive method of cash flow, or short term gains? A discussion with your accountant or an experienced investor will help you determine your goals.
- If you plan to purchase an investment property in Brisbane, opt for no further than 15 km from the CBD
- On the Sunshine Coast, stay within 10 km of the Maroochydore Business district
- Do your research on the suburbs you’re considering – proximity to good schools, shopping, transport and the demographic profile of the suburb should inform your decision
Some of the suburbs that are experiencing excellent returns include Woody Point, Sandgate, Acacia Ridge, Ferny Hills, Beerwah, Ningi, Oxenford, Deception bay, Kallangur, Griffin.
Do Your Research
You can never be too informed when it comes to investing in property. There are a number of indicators that will help you determine how a property will perform over time. The median house price for the suburb or area is the clearest indicator.
Other factors include the following:
- Distance to and from the nearest business district
- Inhabitants of the suburb
- Annual price growth on an average
- Growth of property price in the past 3 years
- Mean growth of property in the past year
- Predicted growth in price over the next 5 to 10 years
- Average house price
- Average rental
- Standard rental revenue
- Number of houses sold in the last 12 months
- Average number of days on market
- Average vendor discounting
- Locals’ thoughts on the suburb
- Schools and Universities in the area
- Shopping centres and other amenities
- Transport facilities – trains, buses, roads
For more in-depth information, check out our online guide to buying your first property. Alternatively, you can talk to an experienced mortgage broker in Brisbane.
About Multi Choice
Multi Choice Home Loans is one of the best mortgage brokers in Brisbane. Established in 1998, we’re one of the state’s first companies to arrange home and investment loans. Our phenomenal growth is mainly due to positive word of mouth, which shows our commitment to working hard and ensuring that our customers are satisfied.
Multi Choice Home Loans is supported by the Australian Finance Group, the country’s largest broker network. Our head office is located in Brisbane and we also have branches on the Sunshine Coast, and in Beenleigh and Hervey Bay.
Contact Multi Choice Home Loans on either 1300 36 36 99 or use our online form and one of our friendly local brokers will be in touch.